Affiliated College National Level Exam
The AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test) is a national level entrance test for the admission to MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery) and BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery) courses offered by colleges for 15% merit positions in All India seats and seats offered by the participating Universities or Institutions or state governments. Being an entrance test for the dental courses, it is also named as the AIPDT (All India Pre-Dental Test). The exam is conducted every year in the month of May.
1) The candidate must be the citizen of India or Overseas citizen.
2) The candidates must have completed the age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of Admission.
3) The upper age limit is 25 years (5 years relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC candidates) as on or before 31st December of the year of Admission.
4) The candidates belong to J&K, AP and Telangana are eligible to appear the exam only for the admission to the AFMC, Pune on the basis of self declaration.
The AIPMT entrance test will consist of one paper only comprising 180 objective type questions with four objectives on the subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The answer shall be marked on a separate specially designed sheet using ball point pen only. The duration of the entrance test would be 3 hours only. The candidates can choose the language of paper either English or Hindi. Each correct answer will carry the 4 marks while any wrong answer or multiple answers will be punished with 25% of the total question’s marks.
Important Dates for The Forthcoming AIPMT:
1) Starts of online registration: 1st week of December 2015
2) Last date of online registration (without late fee): last week of December 2016
3) Last date of online registration (with late fee): last week of January 2016
4) Form correction date: Two week’s window in Feb 2016
5) Issue date of Admit Card: 1st week of April 2016
6) Date of examination: 1st week of May 2016